Solving the mystery behind your data
Sherlock® is an SAP Certified Solution that provides in-depth analysis of your SAP BusinessObjects landscapes to enable better decision making for your organization’s analytics strategy. Sherlock® is a collection of inspectors that run silently while gathering metadata about each of your SAP BusinessObjects landscapes. This data is integrated into a single repository, accessible by our suite of pre-built analytics or through custom analytics that you can create via the Sherlock® universe.
Why choose Sherlock® for SAP BusinessObjects?
Sherlock® installs in minutes, inspects a landscape in just a few hours, and delivers actionable analysis in seconds. The Sherlock® Real-Time Service continuously monitors your BI landscapes to provide near-real-time metadata. Using pre-built analytics or your custom analytics powered by the Sherlock® universe, you’ll gain deep insight into your SAP BusinessObjects users, actions, content, the data the content relies on, and how they all fit together.
- IT leaders gain fact-based details on user adoption and resource utilization to be able to determine reporting costs by application or business area.
- Competency centers gain detailed information on how reports and report data are utilized – determining what content is valuable and should be maintained, as well as what content is no longer viable. Sherlock helps to build a strategy to repurpose or remove unused content by driving it to the right users in the appropriate tools.
- Developers gain the ability to perform a complete impact analysis on report changes. Understanding the construction of each report leads to the definition of best practices, driving adoption and innovation.
- Administrators receive in-depth insights into system stability, performance risks, scheduling utilization, and error management through automated daily activity reports.
- Sherlock® is available for the SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform and SAP Edge BI. We support Crystal Reports installations as well.
- Sherlock® supports SAP BusinessObjects XI 3.1 and SAP BusinessObjects BI4, including BI 4.0, BI 4.1, and even BI 4.2.
- Sherlock® requires a Microsoft Windows 2008 or 2012 server but can inspect any of the supported operating systems for SAP BusinessObjects, whether it is Microsoft Windows, Unix, or Linux.
- Sherlock® requires a relational database (Oracle, IBM DB2, Microsoft SQL Server or mySQL)