Last Modified: June 14, 2019.
If you are a European Union resident, pursuant to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), Sherlock Meta acts as the controller of your personal data. Sherlock Meta data protection officer can be contacted through the “Contact Us” section provided below.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website
- In email and other electronic messages between you and this Website and/or Sherlock Meta.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy:
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link or be accessible from the Website.
Information We Collect.
When you join, register, contact us or otherwise cause to get involved with Sherlock Meta, we ask for your name, address, telephone number and email address. At this time, we also ask whether you would like to opt-in to email communications from us. We may also ask you to enter the email addresses of people you know so that they can read your reasons for why you are supporting Sherlock Meta and hopefully visit the site and get involved themselves. You represent and warrant that you have the consent, authority and permission of such individuals to provide us with their names and email addresses.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide when you complete forms to receive information, attend events, download whitepapers, subscribe to our newsletter or blog, participate in surveys, or use other interactive features on this Website. This includes information provided at the time of requesting further services or information. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us.
We may also collect information when you visit our Website. We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is for use as statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
The cookies we use are only “analytical” cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that the users are finding what they are looking for easily.
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. If you block or delete all cookies from this Website, you may not be able to use all features of the Website.
How We Use the Information You Provide.
We use your information to send transactional communications via email including responding to your comments, questions and requests, providing customer support, and sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages. These communications are part of our services and in most cases you cannot opt out of them. If an opt out is available, you will find that option within the communication itself, or you can contact us using the details described in the ‘Contact us’ section.
We also use your personal information to send you marketing emails about new services, events, newsletters, blogs and other information about Sherlock Meta that we think you may find interesting. We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. You can control whether you receive marketing communications from us as described below under ‘How to access and control your personal information’.
We may also use your information for any other purpose with your consent
Disclosure of Your Information.
We do not sell or share your information with any third party, under any circumstances except as provided below. We may disclose aggregated, non-personally identifiable information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To subcontractors that we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Sherlock Meta’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Sherlock Meta about Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any applicable court order, law, regulation, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Sherlock Meta, our customers, or others.
Legal Basis for Processing Information. We collect and use your information only where: (i) we need it to provide you services, including to operate the Website, provide customer support, and to protect the safety and security of the services and Website; (ii) it serves a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as to market and promote our services; (iii) you give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or (iv) we need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
How We Protect Your Information.
Sherlock Meta has measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or alteration of your information under our control. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure server, which is located in a secure environment.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
How Long We Keep Your Information. We retain information for as long as we are providing services and a reasonable period thereafter and in accordance with applicable law. We also retain some of your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements, and to support business operations. If you have elected to receive marketing emails from us, we retain information indefinitely, until you express your desire to opt out or unsubscribe from such emails, and we will retain your marketing communications for a reasonable period of time thereafter. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
Your Rights within the European Union. Whenever you use our Website and services from within the European Union, the following rights apply to the personal information we collect. You have the right to access information held about you. You may request, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org to review, revise, rectify or delete your personal information processed by us. Unless otherwise required under applicable laws, we will promptly revise, rectify and/or erase your personal information upon receiving your request. Notwithstanding, your data that has been de-identified and aggregated shall no longer be considered personal information, and you cannot seek to have your information removed from an aggregated data set, nor is consent for further use required.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information. We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will typically inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your information. You can also exercise the right to opt-out of such processing at any time by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. In addition, if we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions or you may select the unsubscribe option that is located at the bottom of the electronic communication. This opt out does not apply to electronic communications sent by Sherlock Meta as a result of a purchase of our services, service experience or other business related transactions.
Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monitoring and Enforcement. In accordance with applicable laws, you may request access and raise concerns or complaints regarding your personal information processed by us by contacting use pursuant to our Contact Information section below.